jobslist.co : Today's job recruitment is quite competitive, that may be why you need to operate prudently in fact it is not only a difficult activity. jobslist.co offers you possiblity to get it done so you can create the suitable selection inside superior strategy to get swift and also superior consequence. That way you're going to get better prospect as well as less hazardous stay sometime soon. City of Newberry is one of the firms that you could have confidence in to give your household ideal as well as much better live in the foreseeable future. Subscribing to this business is likely to make people competent to attain the objective much easier and help make ones dream becoming reality.
To create the organization eye-sight along with vision arrives genuine; City of Newberry will be start regarding fresh position as Position as Staff Assistant Companies City of Newberry in Newberry, FL 32669 in January 2018 throughout Newberry, FL 32669 start from January 2018. Anyone who's enthusiastic about answering that vacant, make sure you take part in this Position as Staff Assistant Companies City of Newberry in Newberry, FL 32669 in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment in Newberry, FL 32669. It's advised for all those contributors to ready just about all important requirements for this employment recruitment course of action, since the course of action requires that you give suitable specification that the organization wants due to this location. If you think that you are the one that can fill your standards, you can look at to learn further information about Position as Staff Assistant Companies City of Newberry in Newberry, FL 32669 in January 2018 January 2018 in Newberry, FL 32669 below..
Staff AssistantCompany City of Newberry
Location Newberry, FL 32669
Update 9 Day ago
**TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION YOU MUST APPLY DIRECTLY WITH THE CITY OF NEWBERRY FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE (www.ci.newberry.fl.us) OR CALL 352-472-2161 ext 112**
This employee performs para-professional, administrative work. This position is responsible for assisting the Planning & Economic Development Department with all administrative responsibilities and for backing up the Building Department Administrative Assistant. This position also supports the Planning & Zoning Board, Historic Architectural Review Board, Economic Development Committee, and Development Application Review Team, including taking minutes and posting notices. An employee in this class performs a variety of assignments, primarily related to the procedural aspects of one or more of the Department’s programs. The employee frequently works with considerable independence of action on administrative matters such as preparing routine documents and supporting materials. The employee provides frontline customer service duties for the Planning & Economic Development Department. The employee is under the supervision of the Department Director.
EXAMPLES OF WORK (Illustrative Only)
- Performs routine office tasks in designated program areas, including data entry, file management, copying and answering telephones.
- Develops and maintains automated tracking systems, hard copy files and records.
- Prepares public notices for publication in accordance with regulatory requirements. Researches and compiles information (including maps, charts, and tables) on a variety of planning issues from multiple sources. Assists professional planning staff with scheduling public hearings and tracking publication of public notices.
- Provides significant support in the preparation and administration of the assigned department budget; monitors expenditures including reviewing and processing purchase requisitions and purchase orders; recommends modifications or adjustments, as appropriate.
- Performs other related work as assigned.
NOTE: These examples are intended only as illustrations of the various kinds of work performed in positions allocated to this class. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. In general, all individuals are expected to be versatile and from time-to-time perform assigned work in many different areas of departmental activity.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook programs. Experience with Adobe Acrobat preferred.
- Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely both orally and in writing (requires sufficient knowledge of proper English usage, grammar, spelling, and punctuation to prepare professional correspondence).
- Skill in organizing and maintaining filing systems. Ability to type at 35 CWPM.
- Functional knowledge of basic mathematics.
- Ability to handle multiple interruptions, adjustments to priorities throughout the day and meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to work on several projects or issues simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment as needed.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, employees, outside agencies and the general public.
- Must have a genuine appreciation for and understanding of protocol, discretion and professionalism and is expected to maintain confidentiality, diplomacy and tact at all times.
Must be able to attend evening meetings as necessary.
Training and Experience:
An Associate of Arts or Science Degree and two years’ experience in performing clerical work including assistance with administrative duties of a progressively responsible nature preferred. Coursework in a legal assistant curriculum with special emphasis on property and/or administrative law or related work experience is a plus. An equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities is also acceptable.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.08 to $18.32 /hour
- Newberry, FL 32669
- Clerical: 2 years
- office: 2 years