jobslist.co - Today's work recruitment is extremely competitive, that is certainly for you to function sensibly and it is not a tricky thing to do. jobslist.co provides you with possiblity to practice it so that you could help to make the proper determination within far better strategy to receive speedy in addition to greater end result. Doing this you'll receive greater prospect in addition to better reside later on. United Way is probably the businesses that you can trust to present family and friends suitable in addition to far better reside later on. Getting started with this provider will always make anyone capable of accomplish the target less complicated as well as help to make your own aspiration become a reality.
To produce this company vision along with vision will come legitimate; United Way is open up intended for new location since Position as Director - Marketing and Communications Companies United Way in Portland, OR 97205 in January 2018 with Portland, OR 97205 begin from January 2018. All people who's keen on filling up this kind of vacant, remember to attend this Position as Director - Marketing and Communications Companies United Way in Portland, OR 97205 in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment throughout Portland, OR 97205. It can be advised for everyone players to arrange most needed specifications just for this work recruitment course of action, because practice will be needing that you provide suitable spec that the corporation wishes because of this situation. If you think that you're the one that can certainly fill your standards, you can look at to see further information about Position as Director - Marketing and Communications Companies United Way in Portland, OR 97205 in January 2018 January 2018 in Portland, OR 97205 below..
Director - Marketing and CommunicationsCompany United Way
Location Portland, OR 97205
Update 9 Day ago
Reporting To: Chief Development Officer
Department: Resource Development
Core Hours: Full-time. Core Hours of Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Must be able to work a flexible schedule with the possibility of some early morning, evening, and weekend work.
Overall Purpose of this Role: Serve as the central brand steward, leading UWCW’s communications and marketing efforts to promote the organization’s mission and vision. Design, craft and execute effective digital and print communications and marketing strategic initiatives and projects that build the United Way brand and strengthen relationships with key audiences, including donors, community partners, opinion leaders, media, staff and Board of Directors.
Communications and Marketing Strategy, Design and Implementation - 90%
- Direct the design and implementation of annual and long-term communications and marketing goals to advance UWCW position and agenda
- Craft and align organizational story-telling with Community Impact (CI) programs and UWCW supporters’ needs to expand and diversify UWCW’s donor base/pipeline
- Bring a racial equity lens to all aspects of Marketing and Communications work to increase awareness of the value of culturally specific organizations and their ability to best meet the needs for communities of color
- Collaborate with Resource Development (RD) and CI teams to develop and provide consistent messaging and materials to entice and steward donors and support community partners
- Lead the UWCW storytelling efforts across all digital, print, and outreach channels
- Manage year-round donor communications, advertising, printing and publications
- Work with staff, vendors and volunteers to ensure consistency in content and tone of all communications
- Develop and implement all digital communication activities designed to maximize awareness, drive website traffic and increase stakeholder engagement
- Develop and conduct ongoing research to support the planning and development of organization comms/marketing strategies and tactics that may influence effective UWCW positioning
- Lead the development, facilitation and presentation of internal trainings, ensuring on-brand messaging
- Follow the progress of United Way Worldwide (UWW) in branding, marketing and communications tools and research
- In partnership with the CDO and CEO, oversee the development and maintenance of a favorable public and media relations environment for UWCW
- Compose and disseminate UWCW public statements in a strategic and timely manner
- Design and manage all paid media strategies
- Monitor local, regional and national news related to UWCW’s work
- Provide strategic direction and management leadership to Communications/Marketing team
- Select, guide, motivate and participate in the training, professional development, and evaluation of team
- Identify and manage outside vendors and consultants
- Responsible for accurate and timely completion and/or approval of organizational documents, including but not limited to performance reviews, professional development plans, goals and objectives, timekeeping, expense and travel reimbursements, credit card reports, requisitions, and ongoing documentation of performance accomplishments and areas requiring improvement
- Develop and manage annual department budget
- Maintain collaborative working relationships with United Way staff and external audiences
- Serve on integrated staff teams assigned to cross-departmental branding projects.
- Act as team leader when assigned
Mission on Focused
Ability to link donor, volunteer, and advocates' aspiration to needs
Ability to catalyze others' commitment to mission
Strives vigorously to accomplish shared goals
Separates one's own interests from organizational interests in order to make the best possible judgments for the organization
Seeks and shares knowledge of community
Takes a collaborative approach to addressing issues
Focuses on shared goals
Mobilizes a broad range of sectors and resources
Acts with integrity and strong ethics to foster trust at all levels (personal, market, societal)
Internalizes the meaning and commitment of United Way and consistently acts according to its value and purpose
Demonstrates the values of the network; is a good system-citizen
Is accountable and transparent with all stakeholders
Manage Relationships / Relationship-Oriented
Is able to communicate effectively to develop, grow, and sustain productive relationships. Knows how to capture and record relevant information and how to interpret and utilize the information to forge partnerships, collaborate, cultivate, grow, sustain and strengthen internal and external relationships.
- Values diversity, equity and inclusion
- Understands and motivates individuals and organizations
- Effectively communicates
- Treats others with respect and dignity
- Actively listens to and facilitates diverse input and contributions
Is personally accountable for the results they achieve. Is able to adapt quickly to ever-changing environments. Is organized, able to plan, think strategically, and is creative, innovative, and appropriately persistent. Is able to make decisions and willing to take risks when appropriate to achieve results and meet goals.
- Has a searing focus on results and can effectively communicate goals and impact
- Advocates for support of our agenda
- Promotes innovation/willing to take risks
- Develops relationships to drive resources and results
- Has the necessary organizational skills to deliver on business model
Presents oneself in an appropriate and professional manner. Communicates, acts, reacts and responds appropriately in all situations. Effectively utilizes interpersonal skills and political astuteness to: engage with, lead and function as a member of a team as appropriate. Is trustworthy and acts with integrity, authenticity, humility and in good faith; respecting others' opinions, priorities, values and interest. Seeks to continuously improve interpersonal and professional skills.
Understands and uses empathy, compassion and active listening. Is fully present and aware of subtleties and nuances such as body language and voice tonality to better understand what is important to constituents and how to connect and engage them with UW. Able to influence, persuade, present, request, sell, negotiate and close a deal as appropriate.
Utilize and Acquire Knowledge
Is forward-thinking, focused on what is possible and seeks new tools and knowledge as needed. Is able to use technology when acquiring and utilizing knowledge and is innovative and creative in its application. Seeks to continuously improve interpersonal and professional skills.
Demonstrates Social Responsibility and Stewardship
Has a passion for the common good and affection for the community. Believes in social responsibility and inspires others to be socially responsible. Demonstrates courage and humility when working toward improving life in the community.
Puts people first-understands that people are the engine that moves the organization forward
Focuses staff on meeting the organization's vision, mission and goals
Envisions the future of the organization through the development of staff and volunteer talent
Builds and cultivates volunteer leadership suited to accomplish organizational goals
Values the diversity of people and ideas
Builds solid staff and board partnerships
Supervision and Working Relationships:
Supervisory Direction Received:
- Position works under the general direction of the CDO
- Requires developing overall marketing and communications objectives in relation to organizational goals and plans for and arranges own work and that of direct reports to meet these objectives
- Objectives and their accomplishment subject to review and evaluation by the CDO
Supervises: Brand Manager and Marketing and Communications Specialist
Education, Training, and Prior Work Experience Required for this Position:
- 5-10 years related work experience in the marketing or communications field; Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communications; or a comparable combination of relevant work experience and education.
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience
- Working knowledge of the community, nonprofit fundraising and local media markets
- Working understanding of culturally specific and culturally responsive organizations
- Budget management experience required
- Prior experience supporting fundraising campaigns helpful
- Established relationships with local media contacts a plus
- Knowledge of strategic business planning helpful
- Advanced writing and project management skills
- Working knowledge of print production and the technical aspects of digital marketing
- Understanding of Adobe Creative Suite and digital marketing tools a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Work is primarily performed indoors, within an open office setting with a moderate noise level and occasional exposure to scents.
- Frequently required to sit/stand at computer in a stationery position.
- Frequently operates a computer and other office productivity equipment, such as copy machine, printer, phone, and fax machine.
- Frequently required to move about inside the office for meetings, access to information, office equipment, etc.
- Frequently required to travel locally for meetings that occur in other office settings.
- May be required to travel nationally for meetings, trainings, and conferences in other office settings on multiple occasions during the year.