jobslist.co : Today's work recruitment is extremely aggressive, that is certainly why you ought to operate properly and it is not really a difficult activity. jobslist.co will give you possibility to do it and that means you could help make the best conclusion in greater strategy to get swift in addition to far better effect. Doing this you will definately get much better possibility and less dangerous are living in the future. Syracuse University is just about the companies you can confidence to supply you and your family suitable as well as far better are living in the future. Becoming a member of tag heuer will always make people able to attain ones objective simpler in addition to help to make your aspiration come true.
To make this company eye-sight as well as mission occurs genuine; Syracuse University is actually available pertaining to fresh place seeing that Position as Communications Manager Companies Syracuse University in Syracuse, NY in January 2018 in Syracuse, NY begin as January 2018. Everyone who's keen on stuffing this kind of empty, make sure you be involved in this particular Position as Communications Manager Companies Syracuse University in Syracuse, NY in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment within Syracuse, NY. It is suggested for all participants to prepare just about all required needs just for this career recruitment procedure, because the method will need one to give appropriate specification how the company needs because of this location. If you're that you're one that can certainly populate your standards, you can attempt to read further information about Position as Communications Manager Companies Syracuse University in Syracuse, NY in January 2018 January 2018 in Syracuse, NY below..
Communications ManagerCompany Syracuse University
Location Syracuse, NY
Update 9 Day ago
commensurate with experience
Standard University business hours:
8:30am -5:00pm (academic year)
8:00am – 4:30pm (summer)
Hours may vary based on operational needs.
Unionized Position Code
The College of Law is looking for a Communications Manager.
• A bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, public relations or other related fields is preferred, with a master’s degree desirable; minimum of three to five years’ experience in an entry- or mid-level public communications, journalism, or marketing position.
• Previous employment in higher education desirable.
• No specialist certificates necessary.
Job Specific Qualifications
• Writing, editing and proofreading.
• Basic digital photography.
• Social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
• Microsoft Office
• University-sponsored tools (Email Generator, Wordpress, Collage)
• Web Content Editing. Support the writing, editing, and proofreading of College of Law website content. This position supports marketing and communications staff, faculty, and the administration in developing and maintaining content for the College of Law website and will work with Advancement & External Affairs staff and faculty and with technical staff for content generation and placement. The tasks require strong interpersonal skills, excellent spelling, grammar and punctuation skills as well as a thorough knowledge and understanding of the College of Law goals for the web site.
• Communicating News
• Cultivate and write timely news and longer-form stories to advance the College’s web, social media and external communications programs, including Syracuse Law Magazines, SU News/SU outlets and beyond. Disseminate through appropriate channels based on approval of Director of Communications or designate. Interface with faculty and students to identify news, write and edit appropriate content and disseminate through relevant channels with supporting graphics/photos. Take basic photos using College’s digital camera, and work with in-house videographer as needed to capture content for use across channels.
• Marketing Materials Development
• Support the production of print and electronic marketing materials (brochures, programs, videos, emails, etc.) from concept to completion. This includes research and writing of content, and serving as liaison to freelance designers and photographers, and with external resources (such as SU publications.) Also support the creative process, writing and management of similar projects that are being developed within the College’s communications group. This function serves all aspects/offices of the College, from administrative offices to faculty to students to alumni. Must have an understating of University branding strategies and materials.
• Social Media
• Assist in developing content, including writing and editing and photo selection and editing for use across College of Law platforms. Assist in creating and executing a calendar of posts tied around key events/dates. Monitor sites for feedback and comments. Assist in monitoring other College of Law-related social media presences.
In addition to completing an online application, please submit a resume and cover letter.
About Syracuse University
Syracuse University is a private research university of extraordinary academics, distinctive offerings and an undeniable spirit. With a gorgeous campus in the heart of New York State, a global footprint and a history that dates to 1870, we embrace diverse backgrounds and viewpoints.
Our student population includes nearly 15,000 undergraduates and 5,000 graduate students, representing all 50 U.S. states and 123 countries. Our proud commitment to veterans and their families is unrivaled in higher education. Home to 11 schools and colleges, Syracuse University blends the foundational power of the liberal arts with the intense focus of professional programs. We offer undergraduate, graduate, and professional degrees in Architecture, Arts and Sciences, Education, Engineering and Computer Science, Sport and Human Dynamics, Information Studies, Law, Management, Citizenship and Public Affairs, Public Communications, and Visual and Performing Arts.
A medium-sized city situated in the geographic center of the state, Syracuse, N.Y., is approximately a four-hour drive from New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, Toronto and Montreal. With a metropolitan population of 700,000, Syracuse is a center for cultural, recreational and artistic events, including the Everson Museum of Art, Syracuse Stage, Symphoria, Destiny Mall, multiple sporting events, and festivals including Jazz Fest and Winterfest. The outdoor enthusiast will enjoy having the Adirondack Mountains, the Finger Lakes, Lake Ontario, and the Thousands Islands Region within easy driving distance of the Syracuse campus.
Syracuse University is an equal-opportunity, affirmative-action institution. The University prohibits discrimination and harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law to the extent prohibited by law. This nondiscrimination policy covers admissions, employment, and access to and treatment in University programs, services, and activities.
Commitment to Supporting and Hiring Veterans
Syracuse University has a long history of engaging veterans and the military-connected community through its educational programs, community outreach, and employment programs. After World War II, Syracuse University welcomed more than 10,000 returning veterans to our campus, and those veterans literally transformed Syracuse University into the national research institution it is today. The University’s contemporary commitment to veterans builds on this historical legacy, and extends to both class-leading initiatives focused on making an SU degree accessible and affordable to the post-9/11 generation of veterans, and also programs designed to position Syracuse University as the employer of choice for military veterans, members of the Guard and Reserve, and military family members.
Commitment to a Diverse and Inclusive Campus Community
Syracuse University maintains an inclusive learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and international worldview. The University community recognizes and values the many similarities and differences among individuals and groups. At Syracuse, we are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in an inherently diverse country and world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, military backgrounds, religious beliefs, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, abilities, sexual orientations and gender identities. To do so, we commit ourselves to promoting a community that celebrates and models the principles of diversity and inclusivity.
Job Posting Date
Full Consideration By
Message to Applicants