jobslist.co - Today's work recruitment is extremely competitive, that is certainly for you to function sensibly and it is not a tricky thing to do. jobslist.co provides you with possiblity to practice it so that you could help to make the proper determination within far better strategy to receive speedy in addition to greater end result. Doing this you'll receive greater prospect in addition to better reside later on. North Dakota State Government is probably the businesses that you can trust to present family and friends suitable in addition to far better reside later on. Getting started with this provider will always make anyone capable of accomplish the target less complicated as well as help to make your own aspiration become a reality.
To produce this company vision along with vision will come legitimate; North Dakota State Government is open up intended for new location since Position as PUBLIC INFORMATION SPECIALIST II Companies North Dakota State Government in Bismarck, ND in January 2018 with Bismarck, ND begin from January 2018. All people who's keen on filling up this kind of vacant, remember to attend this Position as PUBLIC INFORMATION SPECIALIST II Companies North Dakota State Government in Bismarck, ND in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment throughout Bismarck, ND. It can be advised for everyone players to arrange most needed specifications just for this work recruitment course of action, because practice will be needing that you provide suitable spec that the corporation wishes because of this situation. If you think that you're the one that can certainly fill your standards, you can look at to see further information about Position as PUBLIC INFORMATION SPECIALIST II Companies North Dakota State Government in Bismarck, ND in January 2018 January 2018 in Bismarck, ND below..
PUBLIC INFORMATION SPECIALIST IICompany North Dakota State Government
Location Bismarck, ND
Update 9 Day ago
Salary Range From
Salary Range To
Summary of Work
Responsible for providing information to key North Dakota authorities and the public regarding safety, education and the daily activities of the North Dakota Highway Patrol. Duties include:
- Develop communication with the public through social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter
- Website maintenance
- Compose and prepare presentations, speeches and public information releases on behalf of the superintendent and agency staff for legislation, the news media and internal agency personnel
- Research and prepare responses to questions received pertaining to the agency
- Publish the department newsletter
- Proof and edit written directives
- Proof and edit reports, to include annual report, multi-year plan, etc. Design the format of reports using Microsoft Publisher.
- Develop safety programs, projects, brochures, flyers, etc., to promote traffic safety and educate the public.
- Order and track inventory of promotional items with safety messages for distribution at safety fairs, booths and safety presentations
- Coordinate with other agencies and personnel in the development of television and radio advertisements
- Assist in the administration and monitoring of various programs to promote traffic safety and to bring awareness to the public
- Responsible for all aspects of preparing for and conducting public hearings for the Highway Patrol’s administrative rule changes
- Prepare, organize and distribute all information for the department’s Loss Control Committee to include preparing the agenda; record, transcribe and distribute minutes; prepare a summary of the committee findings regarding crashes and injuries; prepare letters with committee findings; and forward a summary to the State Risk Management Accident Review Board
- Prepare documentation for approval of defensive driving courses
- Prepare legislative testimony
- Legislative tracking
- Type correspondence, reports and other materials
- Maintain a filing system
- Other administrative duties as assigned
A bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications, public relations or marketing and one year of related professional work experience; OR, a bachelor’s degree in another field related to the duties of this position and three years of professional work experience related to the position’s duties.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated writing skills, organizational skills and multitasking ability, be self-motivated, and have strong interpersonal, customer service and communications skills. This position requires an applicant who can work closely with other staff as well as being able to work independently and as a lead worker. Applicant must be flexible as work assignments change.
Preference will be given to individuals:
- Who have experience with agency social media networks to include Facebook and Twitter
- Who have experience composing correspondence and drafting press releases, reports and articles for media dissemination
- With communications or marketing experience
- Knowledge able and experience d with open records, purging of records, risk management, procurement and administrative hearing laws, rules and guidelines
- With experience developing brochures, flyers, etc. with Publisher or similar publishing program
- With website maintenance and design experience
- With experience preparing legislative testimony and tracking
- With w ork experience taking meeting minutes
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and an unofficial college transcript to the ND PeopleSoft System by 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, September 28th. The application material should include information which directly addresses how the applicant meets the minimum qualifications, preferred qualifications and summary of work .
Directions for Applying:
Individuals claiming veteran’s preference must be a current North Dakota resident and provide the required documentation listed on the application.
The selection process will include an oral interview, writing exercise, proofreading exercise and background investigation.
For more information or if you need accommodation or assistance in the application or selection process contact:
Lori Tietz, Human Resource Specialist
North Dakota Highway Patrol
600 E Boulevard Ave, Dept. 504
Bismarck, ND 58505-0240
Telephone Number: 701-328-2455 TYY Number: 800-366-6888 E-mail: email@example.com
Website: http://www.nd.gov/ndhp State Website: http://www.nd.gov