jobslist.co : Today's job recruitment is quite competitive, that may be why you need to operate prudently in fact it is not only a difficult activity. jobslist.co offers you possiblity to get it done so you can create the suitable selection inside superior strategy to get swift and also superior consequence. That way you're going to get better prospect as well as less hazardous stay sometime soon. Department of Homeland Security is one of the firms that you could have confidence in to give your household ideal as well as much better live in the foreseeable future. Subscribing to this business is likely to make people competent to attain the objective much easier and help make ones dream becoming reality.
To create the organization eye-sight along with vision arrives genuine; Department of Homeland Security will be start regarding fresh position as Position as Structural Worker (Shipfitter/Welder), WG-3801-8 Companies Department of Homeland Security in Baltimore, MD in January 2018 throughout Baltimore, MD start from January 2018. Anyone who's enthusiastic about answering that vacant, make sure you take part in this Position as Structural Worker (Shipfitter/Welder), WG-3801-8 Companies Department of Homeland Security in Baltimore, MD in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment in Baltimore, MD. It's advised for all those contributors to ready just about all important requirements for this employment recruitment course of action, since the course of action requires that you give suitable specification that the organization wants due to this location. If you think that you are the one that can fill your standards, you can look at to learn further information about Position as Structural Worker (Shipfitter/Welder), WG-3801-8 Companies Department of Homeland Security in Baltimore, MD in January 2018 January 2018 in Baltimore, MD below..
Structural Worker (Shipfitter/Welder), WG-3801-8Company Department of Homeland Security
Location Baltimore, MD
Update 9 Day ago
For over two centuries The U.S. Coast Guard has protected the maritime economy and the environment, we defend our maritime borders, and we save those in peril. This history has forged our character and purpose as America's Maritime Guardian - Always Ready for all hazards and all threats.
The vacancy is being concurrently advertised under merit promotion procedures for status applicants under announcement 17-2193-NE-KB-M-R1. APPLICANTS WISHING TO BE CONSIDERED UNDER BOTH DELEGATED EXAMINING AND MERIT PROMOTION PROCEDURES MUST APPLY TO BOTH VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS. NOTE: YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS DELEGATED EXAMINING VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT WILL ONLY ALLOW CONSIDERATION FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. WE CANNOT ELECTRONICALLY OR MANUALLY MOVE YOUR APPLICATION TO THE CONCURRENTLY ADVERTISED MERIT PROMOTION ANNOUNCEMENT. PLEASE ENSURE YOU ARE APPLYING UNDER THE CORRECT ANNOUNCEMENT.
This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security, US Coast Guard, Industrial Department, Structural Group in Baltimore, MD.
Any offers of employment made pursuant to this announcement will be consistent with all applicable authorities, including Presidential Memoranda, Executive Orders, interpretive U.S. Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) guidance, and Office of Management and Budget plans and policies concerning hiring. These authorities are subject to change.
Applying to this announcement certifies that you give permission for DHS to share your application with others in DHS for similar positions.
ResponsibilitiesYou will be responsible for performing a wide variety of routine shipfitting and welding tasks involved in the construction, repair and maintenance of marine crafts and vessels, and miscellaneous manufacturing of products at the Yard.
Being a civilian working for the Coast Guard makes you a valuable team member. Typical duties include:
* Cutting batten wood for templates; tacking templates; center punching fabrication marks on steel; assisting in laying out, fabricating and erecting steel; and holding parts to be tacked.
* Retrieving tools and supplies, carrying materials and lifting and holding items in place while journeyman is working on them.
* Flame cutting and trimming metals with gas hand torch or plasma cutter.
* Using arch welding equipment (SMAW and GMAN process), gas hand torch, and plasma cutters for production welding in the erection and repair of vessels.
* Connecting power cables and ground to electrode holder, feeders and power sources to items to be welded.
* Reading blueprints and sketches, developing simple templates and layouts and sub-assembly fabrications.
Travel RequiredNot required
Supervisory status No
Promotion Potential 08
Who May ApplyThis job is open to… This vacancy is open to all U.S. Citizens and is being advertised under delegated examining procedures.
For definitions of common terms found in this announcement click here Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Applicant is required to meet the physical requirements of the position.
- Selectees will be required to work 2nd Shift (3 pm - 11 pm)
QualificationsApplicants will be evaluated on their ability to perform the duties of the position rather than the length of experience. Eligibility will be determined by the relevance, scope, and quality of all experience and training, regardless of where or how acquired.
Applicants will be rated and ranked based on their knowledge of the following job elements:
1. Ability to do the work of the position without more than normal supervision (SCREENOUT)
2. Knowledge of equipment, structure, materials, etc. (includes constructing, repair and forging)
3. Ability to interpret instructions, specifications, etc. (includes blueprint reading)
4. Layout and pattern development (includes geometric projection and triangulation)
5. Ability to use hand tools, power tools, etc., for metal work
6. Dexterity (assembly, disassembly, reassembly, etc.)
National Service Experience (i.e., volunteer experience): Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
EducationThis position does not have a positive education requirement. If you are including education on your resume, report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. See Required Documents section for detail.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet Federal qualification requirements if you can show that your foreign education is comparable to education received in accredited educational institutions in the United States. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence with your application. See Recognition of Foreign Qualifications click here
Additional informationApplicants will be required to complete questions contained on the Declaration for Federal Employment (OF-306) at the time a tentative job offer is made. At the time of appointment, selectees will be required to update the OF-306. Certain responses on the form could pose a problem with suitability for employment determinations.
If you are selected for this position, you will be subject to a determination of your suitability for Federal employment. All selectees are subject to an appropriate investigation as a condition of placement into this position. Certain investigation levels may automatically require a credit check after initial job qualifications have been met. For those positions that do not automatically require a credit check, it may later be required if the initial investigation surfaces a potential issue. Visit: OPM Mythbuster
DHS uses E-Verify, an Internet-based system, to confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the United States. Learn more about your rights and responsibilities at click here
Moving expenses will not be paid.
For Veterans' preference eligibility, visit Veterans' Employment Resources . Veterans , Peace Corps / VISTA volunteers , and persons with disabilities possess a wealth of unique talents, experiences, and competencies that can be invaluable to the DHS mission. If you are a member of one of these groups, you may not have to compete with the public for federal jobs. To determine your eligibility and to understand the documentation that would be required with your application, click on the links above and contact the Servicing Human Resources Office listed at the bottom of this announcement.
More than 1 selection may be made from this announcement if additional identical vacancies in the same title, series, grade, and unit occur within 90 days from the date the certificate was issued.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for the application and hiring process, please contact Karla Brown, 410-636-3593. Decisions on granting reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Visit Reasonable Accommodation
How You Will Be EvaluatedYou will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The U.S. Coast Guard system simplifies the Federal application process by replacing the former JOB ELEMENT statements with on-line self-assessment questions. Your resume and responses to the self-assessment questions are an integral part of the process for determining your qualifications for the position. Therefore, it is important to support your responses to the self-assessment questions by providing examples of past and present experience in your resume. We will review your résumé and supporting documentation to ensure you meet the qualification requirements. If you meet the qualifications, we will use the on-line assessment questions to place you in one of the following categories:
1. Best Qualified: Applicants possessing a background that demonstrates a superior level of all evaluation criteria.
2. Well Qualified: Applicants possessing a background that demonstrates a satisfactory level of the evaluation criteria.
3. Qualified: Applicants possessing the basic qualifications, with general knowledge, skills, and abilities. Veterans with 5-point preference who meet the eligibility and qualification requirements are placed above non-preference eligibles within the category in which they are qualified.
Veterans who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10% are listed in the best qualified category.
For information on veterans' preference, click here.
To preview questions please click here .
Background checks and security clearanceSecurity clearance Q - Nonsensitive
Required Documents1. Your resume
2. Your responses to the online questionnaire
3. If you are qualifying based on education, submit a legible copy of your unofficial college transcript from an accredited college/university. The transcript copy must reflect the college/university name and/or logo. Applicants are highly encouraged to proactively order a copy of their official transcripts to be delivered to their home address so transcripts will be readily available if selected. If selected, you will be required to provide official transcripts prior to establishing your start date. Foreign education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet federal qualification requirements if you can show that your foreign education is comparable to education received in accredited institutions in the U.S. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence with your application. See Recognition of Foreign Qualifications click here.
4. If you are claiming special priority selection rights under the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP), you must submit a copy of your agency notice, most recent performance rating and most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, noting your current position, grade level and duty location. If you have never worked for the federal government, you are not ICTAP eligible. To be considered eligible, you must be placed in the well-qualified category for this position. Please see ICTAP eligibility.
5. If you are claiming veterans’ preference, please submit the following documents. Please see Feds Hire Vets for detail.
a. Veterans claiming 5 point veterans' preference must submit legible Member 4 Copy DD214(s) indicating Character of Service. 5-point preference will not be granted if appropriate documentation is not submitted with your application.
b. 30% Disabled Veterans must submit their Member Copy 4 DD-214(s), which includes Character of Service, and VA Disability Letter with percentage of disability OR documentation of disability determination from a branch of the Armed Forces which reflects a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more.
c. Other 10 point Preference Eligibles must submit applicable Member Copy 4 DD-214(s), which includes Character of Service, and provide documentation of your other 10 point preference. If claiming 10 point preference, you must provide required documentation described on the back of the SF-15 which proves that you are entitled to such preference. 10-point preference will not be granted if appropriate documentation is not submitted with your application.
d. If you are a current active duty military member who does not have a DD214 and is claiming preference under the Veterans Opportunity to Work (VOW) Act, you must submit certification from the Armed Forces indicating that you will be discharged or released under honorable conditions from active duty within 120 days from the date on the certification. Certifications must be on letterhead from the appropriate military branch and include the following information: military dates of service and expected discharge or release date, character of service, military rank, type of discharge and date when terminal leave will begin. Certifications must be signed by, or by direction of military members’ military personnel offices, unit commanders or higher headquarters.
6. OPM must authorize employment offers for former or current Political Appointees. If you are currently, or have been within the last 5 years, a political Schedule A, Schedule C or Non-Career SES employee in the Executive Branch, you must disclose this information. Submit proof of your former or current status, such as your SF-50. Please see here.
All documentation as outlined above must be received by the closing date of the announcement. If you are unable to submit your documents electronically, you may fax or mail the documents. A fax cover sheet will be provided to you from the system, with fax number and instructions to transmit the requested documents. The required documents will also be accepted by mail and must be received by the closing date of the announcement. The mailing address is U.S. Coast Guard, Attn: Office of Civilian Human Resources (Jobs), CG-1211NE, 2401, Hawkins Point Road, Bldg 1, Mail Stop 4, Baltimore, MD 21226.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
BenefitsA career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
- Benefits for federal employees
- Healthcare insurance
- Pay and leave
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.